Saturday, May 28, 2016

Trust

"Stay patient and trust your journey."
-Unknown

Trust your journey.

One day at a time.

How can you trust your journey when you don't know where you're going? Or if and when you're going to get there?

I had my one month doctor's appointment the other day. I've lost a total of 35.7 pounds since surgery! That's a bit shy of 1/3 of the way to my goal. One-Third!

I'm starting to rethink my goal...I could do more.

The doctor said that my results are better than expected.

I'm off my blood pressure medication.

I'm off my diabetes medication.

What?! Talk about short term goals! Talk about reward!

For however quickly I've lost this weight (that's 35.7 pounds in 5 weeks - just sayin'), there is still a journey that remains ahead.

It will be a journey with struggles. Doubts. Weakness. Ups. Downs. I know it won't be easy. I know I'll have to work hard. But knowing I've gotten this far is encouraging. One day at a time.

And, I've found out more about me on this journey. I'm stronger than I thought.

At least I am at this moment. I've had to be.

Yes. I trust this journey. I trust this pouch. I know what I have to do. I trust myself.

There are food restrictions remaining for a few weeks ahead. But, I've stuck to the plan this far. I know I can continue to do well. And, what makes this journey so grand at the moment is my introduction to Lucky's Market! My niece took me there - I'm in love.

I purchased some wonderfully healthy foods - salmon burgers, salmon cakes, lemon pepper tilapia fillets, soy spaghetti, veggie loaf. YUM! All within my food guidelines! I can handle new food habits both in style and flavor moving forward and beyond shopping there!

35.7 pounds gone. Two pant sizes down.

Being patient and trusting the journey is working. One day at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment