Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Hot Mess

"Before coffee, I'm a hot mess. After? I'm a wide awake hot mess. So there's that."
- Nanea Hoffman

Every morning I count the minutes after my last bite of breakfast. Seriously. I look at the clock when my fork hits my mouth with my last bite of food to see how soon I can have my first sip of coffee in the morning.

Talk about a hot mess.

My coffee understands. My coffee doesn't question. My coffee is patient. It just offers it's special brand of energy and courage to tackle another day of mindful eating, counting chews, calories and memories.

My one cup of morning coffee helps me keep on track with my program and hits my pouch with warm hugs. It reminds my pouch how much I love it.

Told ya, hot mess.

If you've read my previous entries you know I can't drink anything 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after eating. It either fills me up so I don't eat as much or flushes the food through so I can't absorb the nutrients.

So I watch the clock. Look for things to do so the time can pass faster. I pick up the dishes. Feed the dog. Start writing my blog. You get it. Anything to take my mind off that first sip of coffee.

This is probably the only time I want time to fly. Otherwise, I want time to slow down.

Way down.

I want to enjoy every moment I can these days. Time with the people I love the most. I want to take it all in. Our family has a hashtag, #makingmemories.

Whether it's a paint day or a communal tattoo day or an indoor camping day. It's all about #makingmemories.

So, I sit here sipping on my cup of coffee. Waking up. Enjoying this moment. Being present. Waiting to #makememories once again today.

My cup of coffee doesn't question what's on the agenda today. It just is. Like me.

So there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment