Monday, October 10, 2016

Sweet Motivation

"It doesn't matter how slowly you go, as long as you don't stop."
- Anonymous

I'm not a runner. Never have been. And, while I was bigger I wasn't even what you'd call a walker. Point is, I never really moved much.

But, now that I'm actually walking and moving and making sure my Fitbit marks every step I take, I figure it's time for my next big step (pun most definitely intended).

A 5K!

And, not just any 5K - the Hot Chocolate 5K. After all, I need some motivation! Sweet motivation at that!

Now, don't get me wrong - I'm still not going to run. I'll walk fast(ish), but I've never been a runner. Perhaps one day. But that will take more training time than what I have for the December 11 event date. Figured finishing, no matter how quickly, is the important thing. Slow doesn't matter, as long as I don't stop.

Heck, I'm still going to have to do some training to walk the 5K. My daughter and I are going to do this together.

I'll welcome the time we have as we train for the event. I can already hear our conversations as we walk. I'm looking forward to it. Hope she will too.

Gotta tell ya, I'm rather proud of myself for just signing up! And, proud of my kid for offering to do this with me. Guess that's half the battle. One step forward.

Anyone else want to join in on the fun?


1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! Way to go Carmen. Just stumbled upon your blog.

    ReplyDelete