Friday, October 7, 2016

Becoming Average

"People say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is that you are the beholder."
- Selma Hayak

Amazing how you feel when you're heavy, obese, huge - just plain fat - what ever you want to call it, when you're out and about. Heck, when you're alone at home too - it doesn't feel so great.

Having lost 78 pounds now, my body has transformed in a myriad of ways. I feel great. Move well. Less tired. And, actually am starting to feel, well, pretty.

What's best, however, I am now closer to average size jeans.

Yes. I am now a size 16. I don't think I've been a size 16 since high school! Gotta tell ya - it feels fucking great! I never realized that a size 16 would be one of my goals through this journey.

Weird how you can feel happy about being average. I'm neither above or below - just average.

Studies have said that the average American woman is a size 14 (no matter what Victoria Secret thinks). And, thank goodness for hashtags like #curvy because Lord knows I'll never be stick straight. So is my final goal a 14? Or do I go toward a number on the scale instead? Or do I just go until I feel like I'm happy?

Yep. Until I'm happy. Although I'm pretty happy now that I'm feeling better.

And, I'm in a size 16 jeans. I have trendy, boyfriend distressed jean!

If I'm happy now... Boy, can't imagine how happy I'll feel when I'm down to a 14!

No comments:

Post a Comment