Thursday, April 27, 2017

Perspective

"It's impossible," said Pride.
"It's risky," said Experience.
"It's pointless," said Reason.
"Give it a try," whispered my Heart.
~ Anonymous

Everything, it seems, is a matter of perspective.

A 5K. A 7K. More weight to dead lift. Lower squats. Less food. Less me.

I truly thought that losing weight and getting healthy was an impossibility. Surgery was risky. Trying to be happy was pointless.

Thank heavens my soul finally told me to give it a try.

Try being happy. Really try to be happy. Do what needs to be done to be happy.

It's all perspective.

Releasing the familiar. Walk in to the unknown. Be courageous to embrace the new. Change your perspective.

When that happens a whole new world opens up to you. A world you have forgotten about. A whole new you that you left behind. You become curious.

Can I act and sing again?
Can I walk in a 5K? A 7K? How about a 10K?
I think I want to zipline!
Let's go horseback riding!
I lift weights now!
I'm not afraid to try things anymore!
Let's do this!

It's all a matter of perspective. It can change everything!

==================
Carmen Garcia writes about stuff... life as a single mother, dating, weight loss, performing, and other random experiences. Sometimes it makes sense. Other times, not so much. You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment