Tuesday, March 7, 2017

An Amazing Path


"Happiness, Success, Excellence: They are not something you get for knowing the path; they are something you experience by walking the path."

~ Dr. Steve Maraboli


I'm feeling pretty good these days. It's amazing what you can do when you are good to your body. It's amazing how you feel when you feed it healthy and beneficial food. And, it's amazing how your mind and body respond when you are being mindful of what you eat, what you do and how you move.

On this journey, it's all been simply amazing. One step at a time.

Things, places, activities, people don't scare me anymore. My confidence level has increased along with my energy. I tell ya - it's amazing. Not much surprises me anymore of what I can do and how I can get there.

In fact, I was driving along the river road the other day. The first thing I thought of was how peaceful the trail looked and how I wanted to plan on walking the path in the coming week.  Then it dawned on me...the thought came crashing in my mind... I remember when I would look at that same trail and think to myself, "No way I could walk that path. How would I get back?"

Amazing how my thought process has shifted.

My 5K this month is the St. Paddy's Day run. It's not a 5K, but rather a 7K - 5 miles!!!  My first thought was "no way" but it slowly morphed in to "why not?" So I go slowly. So I stop and sit for a moment. So I may be the last one crossing the finish. So what? The point is to try. Why not?

I am walking my path in more ways than a 5K - or 7K for that matter.  It's one step at a time. One success at a time. One day at a time.

It truly has never been about knowing that the path was there. It is all about walking the path. Just get out there and walk your path. Walk YOUR path.

Trust me... it's amazing.

==================
Carmen Garcia writes about stuff... life as a single mother, dating, weight loss, performing, and other random experiences. Sometimes it makes sense. Other times, not so much. You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment